We are open to partnerships and sponsorships.
Write to us at: email@example.com.
Masks: Problem & Solution
Masks or any type of face coverings are part of the new reality. COVID-19 has forced us to produce and use masks on the scale. Until now, we were busy sorting out supply chain issues of masks. But now another big problem is looming. The problem of littering of masks.
60 million kg of waste is estimated to be generated from masks and all of it will end up in landfill or oceans if disposed of irresponsibly. Many instances have been reported from the world where masks are becoming the next plastic. The OceansAsia’s team has reported finding masses of surgical masks washing up on the shoreline threatening the health of oceans and marine life, during a recent survey trip to the Soko’s islands in Hong Kong. Also according to the Guardian in a video online, Laurent Lombard, from the French ocean clean up organisation Operation Mer Propre, wrote that ‘soon there will be more masks than jellyfish in the waters of the Mediterranean.’
Impact of masks on the environment
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has estimated the financial cost of such pollution in areas such as tourism and fisheries at around $40 billion.
- If not treated properly, 75% of the masks and other pandemic related waste will end up in landfills or oceans.
- Majority of masks are made of long-lasting plastic materials, thus can persist in the environment for decades.
- Over the medium to long term, through their sheer mass only, they can smother environments and break up ecosystems.
Solution is responsible usage and disposal of masks.
- Cloth masks should be washed properly and re-used. Post corona, they can be upcycled to form new products.
- Disposable masks should be removed chin upwards. Please take care to remove it from the strings and be careful not to touch the front portion while taking off the mask. After taking the mask off, please fold it half inwards, such that droplets from mouth and nose are not exposed. Then, fold the mask into another half, until it looks like a roll. The mask can also be wrapped with its ear loops so that it will not unravel. Dispose it off in a bin with lid. Get them recycled if proper channels are available.m
When can I return the mask?
The mask is eligible for post usage return, 31 days after the delivery.
How can I initiate the return process?
It can be initiated by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp at +91-9330224729 with an intent to return the product.
Subject line: Post Use Return || Order ID || Product ID or Product Name
How many masks can I return?
You can return up to 10 masks including Infinite X masks. They can be of any type.
What type of masks can I return?
You can return all type of masks including the cloth masks/ N95 respirators /surgical masks.
Do I get any reward?
Yes, we reward you for your contribution towards environment. The value and mode of reward may vary time to time based on our discretion, however we will inform you of the same beforehand through our website/ mails etc.
Will the cashback be awarded for all the masks?
No. Only the masks bought from Infinite X platform are eligible for cashback.
Do we need to courier the package?
No. Our delivery executive will pick up the parcel from your doorsteps.
Are there any pickup charges?
We provide free pick up service. There are no extra charges involved.
Is there a limit on package size?
Yes, please ensure that the package weight is under 500 grams. Every additional gram adds to our cost and leaves us with lesser resources to sustain the campaign.
Is there any requirement for post usage return of the masks?
We request you to wash and air dry the masks before sending it to us. This will help us ensure safety of our recycle partners and workers.
Why are you collecting the masks?
Masks have become the new plastic. We are concerned about their environmental impact and want to do our bit towards reducing the burden on mother nature.
What do you do with the masks?
We disinfect the masks, process them and get them recycled. We ensure that they are responsibly disposed.
Can we reuse a mask?
Yes, you can.
Guidelines for returning used masks
- Raise a request with Infinite X for post usage return of your masks by sending us an email at email@example.com or WhatsApp at +91-9330224729 with an intent to return the product. Subject line: Post Use Return || Order ID || Product ID or Product Name
- Meanwhile, wash and dry the masks. (This will help us ensure safety of our workers)
- Pack them in a suitable packaging material
- We will share a form. Kindly fill it to schedule pick up time, date and pick up address
- In certain cases, if needed, we will send you a shipping label. Kindly print it and attach it to the package
- Our logistics partner will pick the package from your doorsteps
Note: Please ensure that there are not more than 10 masks in the package and the package weight is not more than 500 grams. Every additional gram adds to our cost and leaves us with lesser resources to sustain the campaign.
How to wash your masks?
- Have a pillowcase/cloth bag handy to put your face mask inside
- Put all the masks in the pillowcase/cloth bag and put it straight into a washing machine
- Wash your masks on a normal wash cycle with enough surf
- Spin, hang and air dry them